A brief history
The Newman Holiday Trust
- The Newman Trust was established in 1981.
- It is named after Cardinal John Henry Newman (1801-1890), well known for his work for the wellbeing of children everywhere.
- It began by running a one week summer holiday for children with special needs.
- The first holiday was held at St Bede's School in Staffordshire, and St Bede's is still one of our venues.
- We built up to running six holidays at different places around the UK, depending on the availability of venues.
- We registered voluntarily with OFSTED and for the past three years we have been rated outstanding in all areas.
Sign up for the Newman Holiday Trust e-newsletter
Please enter your contact details below